Skip to content
Instructions for Presenting Authorsadmin2018-05-07T14:43:59+00:00
Instructions for Presenting Authors
- The time slot for each presentation is 15 minutes, plus 5 minutes for Q&A, please adjust the length of your speech and the number of slides to stay within the allowed time limit. Session chairs will strictly enforce the respect of the schedule.
- The official language is English. No translation will be provided during the sessions.
- A video projector and a PC will be available in all conference rooms. The use of personal laptops is not allowed.
- Presentations must be in PDF or PowerPoint format. Please use your preferred formatting style, as no presentation template will be provided. Slides must be written in the English language and must include the title and a complete list of authors with their respective affiliations.
- Presentation must be loaded on the PC of the conference room well before the beginning of the session. Please avoid loading your slides just before your talk, because this will shorten the time available for your presentation. Bring your presentations on a USB memory stick. Staff will be present in the rooms at all times during the conference to help you load and check your presentation.
- Please check when and where your presentation will take place. The detailed conference program will be available at the link: http://www.torque2018.org/program-20-22-june/
- Please make sure to be in your room well before your session starts and introduce yourself to the session chairperson before the beginning of the session. Please hand-in to the chairperson a written bulleted bio (max 3-4 points). Please make sure that the chairperson knows how to pronounce your name.
- Please check when and where your poster presentation will take place (there are two poster sessions, one on Wednesday and one on Thursday afternoon). The detailed conference program will be available at the link: http://www.torque2018.org/program-20-22-june/. Presenters must be available next to their posters during the entire duration of their poster session, to discuss their work with interested viewers.
- Posters must be printed in portrait ISO A0 size. Posters larger than this size or in landscape layout will exceed the available space on the standing boards, and they will be removed. The poster must be written in the English language and must include the title and a complete list of authors with their respective affiliations. Please use your preferred formatting style, as no poster template will be provided. We suggest that you choose font sizes that are easily readable from a distance, and a style that is visually appealing and clear.
- Please print the poster and bring it with you at the conference. No printing services is provided on site. Tape for mounting your poster will be provided at the conference.
- In the session Program, note the tag assigned to your poster. You will need this tag to find where to hang your poster. Maps will be available on-site to help you identify the location of your poster. Authors should hang their posters only in their assigned locations. You will be responsible for mounting your own poster. Please mount your poster as soon as you arrive at the conference, and do not take it down before you leave. Posters left up after the conference will be discarded.